By Anamati Inyang, 26 November 2025
The Chairman of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in the Northern Region and the FCT, Rev. John Hayab, has disclosed that a parent died after suffering a heart attack, following the abduction of his three children from St. Mary’s Catholic School in Niger State.
Rev. Hayab, who spoke on ARISE News on Tuesday, described the growing trauma among families whose children were kidnapped across Kebbi, Kwara, and Niger states within the last week.
He said the deceased parent, identified simply as Mr Anthony, was unable to cope with the shock of his children being taken by armed men.
“People want to see concrete action. Imagine a mother or father whose children have been taken. One of the parents, Mr Anthony, died yesterday because three of his children are victims,” Hayab said.
RISMADAR Voice Media has not independently verified the claim.
Hayab explained that the emotional toll on affected families has been severe, noting that many parents are even afraid to speak publicly due to fear and uncertainty.
“The pain and trauma are still very fresh. We tried speaking to some of the parents today, and they were too scared to talk,” he added.
According to information gathered by RISMADAR Voice Media, parents of the dozens of abducted schoolchildren in Niger State are becoming increasingly desperate as security concerns escalate in the region.
During his visit to church leaders in Kontagora, Hayab described the atmosphere as deeply distressing.
“It is heartbreaking. You can imagine a father in shock because three children are missing. How does he even begin to process what is happening to them?” he said.

“This is what many people don’t understand. These children have not slept, they have not bathed, and their parents cannot say where they are,” he added.
Hayab also lamented reports from locals in Niger State indicating a lack of visible security presence in affected communities, stressing that Nigerians are yearning for real action, not repeated assurances.



