By RismadarVoice Reporter
November 29, 2029
Bandits have released 37 villagers abducted from Bakori Local Government Area of Katsina State following weeks of community-led negotiations that culminated in a peace pact, according to a member of the Katsina State House of Assembly, Abdulraham Kandarawa.
Speaking with journalists in Katsina on Friday, Kandarawa, who represents Bakori Constituency, said the latest group of freed captives brings the total number of released villagers to 82. He had earlier announced the release of 45 others under the same peace arrangement.

The villagers were reportedly held in the Sabe Local Government Area of neighbouring Zamfara State. According to Kandarawa, the release was carried out without the payment of ransom, following “sustained engagement” with the armed group.
“Today, through the grace of God, we have finally received our people who were held captive. Insha Allah, they are back, and none is left in their hands,” he said.
Among the newly released hostages are 17 women, two infants, and 18 men.
Kandarawa noted that the bandits had pledged to free the captives if the affected communities upheld peace — a promise he said was honoured.
“We want to call on all citizens to embrace peace. It is everybody’s business. If we have offended anyone, we will amend, just to live in peace,” he appealed, stressing that the negotiations were anchored on assurances of non-violence.
The lawmaker also expressed appreciation to the bandits for “keeping their word,” reiterating that no ransom was exchanged.
“This is what they promised, and they fulfilled it today,” he stated.
Meanwhile, Katsina State Governor, Dikko Radda, has repeatedly denied that the state government engaged in negotiations with bandits.
He maintained that the initiative was purely community-driven, even as he commended the effort and celebrated the relative calm that has returned to the affected areas.



